Check out these reminders before your epic Ride:
- Tent Assignment - If you have completed the tent assignment process online, and you will be staying at Camp, you will be emailed your tent assignment on Thursday, September 23.
- Delayed Self-Pledge - If you sign up for this service through Online Check-In, we’ll extend the date to complete your fundraising until November 29, 2010.
- Friday Bike drop-off - Secured overnight Bike Parking will be available on Friday, September 24 at E.P. Tom Sawyer State Park, our Opening Ceremonies site. Riders are encouraged to drop-off their bicycles between 2:00pm - 8:00pm, to avoid the difficulty of arriving on Day One with both bike and luggage in tow.
- Cheering Stations - Encourage friends and family to bring out big, colorful signs, smiling faces and enthusiastic cheers to support the Riders on the route.
Download the list of the official 2010 Ride Cheering Stations.
- Bring your Photo ID- You’ll need it if you’re checking in on Saturday morning or especially if you’ll be drinking alcohol at Camp on Saturday.
- Nut Allergy Warning - Please be aware that nuts and peanut butter are served during event. Other food items served on event may also contain nuts or trace amounts of nuts. If you need special food arrangements, please contact our offices at  688-BIKE .
- Weather - Be prepared for all kinds of weather - hot, humid, cold, and wet! Pack your belongings inside large plastic bags (garbage bags work great) before you put them in your suitcase, to keep them dry in case of rain.
- Friday, September 10, 2010:
- Mailed donations deadline
- Friday, September 24, 2010:
- Saturday, September 25, 2010:
- Last Minute Check-In
- Opening Ceremonies
- Ride Out of Louisville
- Afternoon Entertainment
- Overnight Camp
- Sunday, September 26, 2010:
- Ride Into Finish Line
- Finish Line Celebrations
Below is the link to your Event Guide for this epic journey. In it, you will find all the information you'll need to finish up the last leg of your fundraising and training, as well as detailed information regarding travel, Host Hotels, event day schedules, important deadlines and helpful safety tips. Print it out and refer to it often in the weeks leading up to The Ride. Please don't hesitate to call us with any questions at  688-BIKE .
or on the image below to download your event guide.
During Online Check-In, you will be prompted to enter your medical insurance information. Participants that do not check in online must show proof of medical insurance by presenting their current insurance cards at Opening Ceremonies. Ask your insurance provider if your policy applies, and if it covers emergency expenses such as medical evacuation. If it does not, supplemental insurance will be required. Participants who are not able to show proof of valid medical insurance will not be allowed to participate in The Ride.
If you do not have medical insurance, you may sign up for a temporary one with Pacific Blue Cross
and Travelex Insurance
WHAT TO PACK
Don't know what to pack for The Ride? Click below to download a suggested list of equipment, clothing and first-aid items you may want to bring.